There are a few different ways to move your domain from WordPress to Squarespace. You can either transfer your domain directly through Squarespace or Point your DNS records to Squarespace.
If you’re not sure how to do either of these things, we’ve got instructions for both below.
To transfer your domain directly through Squarespace:
1. Log in to your WordPress account and go to the Domains page.
2. Click the checkbox next to the domain you want to move and then click the Transfer button at the top of the page.
3. Enter your authorization code when prompted and then click Continue.
4. On the next screen, select I want to transfer my domain to another registrar and then enter squarespace in the search bar that appears.
5 Select Add Domain To Cart when you see Squarespace appear in the search results and then click Checkout Now in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
6 Enter your billing information on the following screen and then click Place Your Order Now.
7 Once you receive an email confirming that your transfer was successful, log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to Settings > Domains
8 Click on Connect under “Connect a Domain You Already Own”
9 Enter yourdomainnamehere
10 When prompted, select I have already updated my DNS settings (advanced)
11 Click Verify
12 Your domain should now be successfully connected!
Pointing Your DNS Records:
1) First, you’ll need login credentials for both WordPress & Squarespace accounts
2) In WordPress, go into Manage > Domains
3) For each Domain Name Server (DNS), copy down all “Name Servers” listed (there will be 4 name servers total). These will start with NS1…
4) Next, open up a new browser tab/window & login into squarespace
5) Navigate to the settings icon > Advanced >Domains then click the pencil icon next to the domain you want to point(s).
6)Erase all previous data entered in the Name Servers fields with your cursor and then paste the 4 name servers copied from Word Pressin Step 3 aboveinto these fields one by one— make sure each nameserver is entered on its own line without any spaces between them!
- Log into your WordPress account and go to the left-hand sidebar
- Click on “Tools” and then “Export”
- A new page will pop up with different export options
- For this tutorial, we will only need to focus on the “All Content” option
- Select that and then click “Export File”
- Save the file to your computer in a location that you can easily find later on
- Now it’s time to log into your Squarespace account
- Go to the left-hand sidebar again and click on “Settings”
- Then, click on “Domains”
- In the top right corner of the domains page, there should be a button that says “Transfer Domain”
- Click that
- A new page will come up asking for your domain name
- Enter the name of the domain you want to transfer over from WordPress and then click continue
- Squarespace will now generate an authorization code for you (this is also known as an EPP key)
- Copy this code down somewhere safe as you’ll need it in a later ste
Can I Move My Domain Name from WordPress to Squarespace?
Yes, you can move your domain name from WordPress to Squarespace. The process is pretty simple and straightforward. We’ll go over the steps on how to do this below.
First, you’ll need to log into your WordPress account and navigate to the dashboard. From there, go to Settings > General.
Under the General Settings tab, look for the section labeled “WordPress Address (URL)” and “Site Address (URL)”.
In the WordPress Address (URL) field, enter the new Squarespace address that you want to use for your site.
For example, if your new Squarespace site is located at https://example.squarespace.com/, then you would enter that URL in this field.
Next, in the Site Address (URL) field, enter the same Squarespace address that you entered in the previous step.
Once both fields have been updated with your new Squarespace address, scroll down and click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Now that you’ve updated your WordPress settings with your new Squarespace address, it’s time to update your DNS records so that visitors will be directed to your new site when they try to access your domain name.
To do this, log into your registrar account (where you purchased your domain name) and navigate to the DNS management page for your domain name.
Then, add a new CNAME record with the following values: – Name/Host/Alias: Enter @ or leave blank – TTL: 14400 or lower – Type: CNAME – Value/Points To/Destination: domains..
com – Priority/Weight: Leave blank or enter 0 Click on the “Add Record” button and wait for these changes to propagate (which can take up 24-48 hours).
After propagating is complete, try accessing your domain name in a web browser – if everything was done correctly, it should now redirect to your new Squarespace site!
Can You Transfer a Domain Name to Squarespace?
Yes, you can transfer your domain name to Squarespace.
If you’re transferring a domain from another registrar, you’ll need to unlock it and get an authorization code from your current registrar before beginning the transfer process.
Once you have your authorization code, you can start the transfer process in your Squarespace Domain Manager.
For full instructions on how to do this, please see our help guide: How do I transfer my domain to Squarespace?
Can You Move Domain Name from WordPress?
Yes, you can move domain name from WordPress. Here are the steps:
1. Log into your WordPress account.
2. Go to the left-hand sidebar and click on “Settings.”
3. In the General Settings section, look for the “Site Address (URL)” field.
4. Enter in the new domain name that you want to use for your WordPress site and then click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
5. Now that you have updated your WordPress settings with your new domain name, you will need to update your DNS records.
This will tell visitors who type in your old domain name to be redirected to your new domain name instead.
If you registered your domain with WordPress, then you can login to their Domain Manager and update your DNS records there.
Otherwise, you will need to contact your domain registrar directly and ask them how to update your DNS records.
How Do I Import a Domain into Squarespace?
If you’re using Squarespace for your website, you can use a custom domain that you’ve purchased from a third-party provider, like GoDaddy or Hover.
You can also transfer an existing domain to Squarespace. In either case, there are just a few steps to follow before your site is live with its new address.
Before you begin, make sure that your site is eligible for a custom domain. For example, if you’re using our free trial or certain legacy templates, you won’t be able to use a custom domain.
If this is the case, we recommend upgrading to one of our paid plans before proceeding.
If everything looks good on our end and you’re ready to get started, the first step is pointing your DNS records to Squarespace.
This tells the internet where to find your website’s files when someone types in your URL.
Each DNS record has a type (such as A, MX, or CNAME), which identifies what kind of data it contains, and a destination (or target), which points to where the data is located on the web.
For example: A Record: Points a domain or subdomain to an IP address CNAME Record: Maps an alias name to another name
MX Record: Routes email sent to a domain or subdomain TXT Record: Stores text-based information used by Google and other services for verification purposes NS Record: Specifies which servers are authoritative for that domain name.
Depending on where you purchased your domain and who manages its DNS records currently (this might be the same company), adding these records will look different.
We have specific articles with instructions for popular providers like Hover, GoDaddy, and Namecheap—or general instructions if yours isn’t listed yet.
Just select yours from this list of providers and we’ll walk you through it step by step!
If none of these match up or if you’re unsure who manages your DNS records currently , reach out directly to their support—they should be able to help clarify things for us.
They may need some basic information about your account with them first though so we recommend having that handy before getting in touch .
After following those steps , give it about 48 hours for the changes to propagate across the internet . Once that happens , return back here and we’ll finish setting everything up on our end .
Transfer Domain from WordPress to Wix
There are a few reasons you might want to transfer your domain from WordPress to Wix. Maybe you’re not happy with the WordPress platform, or you’re finding that Wix is a better fit for your needs.
Whatever the reason, it’s actually a pretty simple process.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log in to your WordPress account and go to the Dashboard.
2. Under “Settings,” click on “Domains.”
3. Find the domain you want to transfer and click on the “Transfer” link next to it.
4. Enter the EPP code for your domain (this can be found in your Wix account under “Domain Settings”).
5. Check the box next to “I have read and agree to the Terms of Service.”
Then click on “Transfer Domain.”
6. You’ll receive an email from WordPress with further instructions on how to complete the transfer process. Follow those instructions and within a few days, your domain will be transferred over to Wix!
Hope this post helps you to generate idea about How to Move Domain from WordPress to Squarespace, you may also like our Gutenberg tutorial here Gutenberg, Learn More about How to Start a Career in Web Design
Assuming you would like a summary of the blog post instructions: The first step is to export your WordPress content as an XML file. To do this, go to Tools > Export in your WordPress dashboard.
Once you have exported your content, create a new Squarespace site. When prompted, choose “Import” and select the WordPress XML file you just exported.
Next, you’ll need to edit your DNS settings so that your domain points to Squarespace instead of WordPress.
To do this, log in to wherever you registered your domain and find the DNS settings page. Then, add two A records and one CNAME record (provided by Squarespace) to your DNS settings.
Once you’ve saved these changes, it can take up to 48 hours for them to propagate across the internet.
Now that your DNS settings are updated, all that’s left is to redirect any traffic from your old WordPress site to your new Squarespace site.
To do this, go back into your WordPress dashboard and install the Simple 301 Redirects plugin.
With this plugin activated, go to Settings > 301 Redirects in your WordPress dashboard and add a redirect for each page on your old site pointing it towards the corresponding page on your new Squarespace site.